We have an open position in our team for a Delivery Manager. You need to be agile, have experience in modern development/delivery processes, know what “good” looks like, know how to prioritise and know when to just get things done. We need someone who thinks in small, measurable units of work, that can be iterated on, as we see the impact on our users. You’ll probably dream of well-defined user stories in Jira perhaps in a Kanban board, then other times neatly wrapped into sprints. You’ll have the experience to know how to get the best out of agile teams and can match the right aspects of agile frameworks to deliver. We’re not looking for Agile (with a capital A), nor are we dogmatic to one specific approach - sorry SAFe theologians. You know what a good product development lifecycle looks like, and you’ll have experience in engaging and motivating teams to deliver great features fast. You’ll need to manage projects that come from different stakeholders and gather the right information to help create simple user stories. These stories will have clear acceptance criteria, in order to deliver the best outcomes for our users.
At Sparkol, our mission is to give everyone the tools to create captivating content quickly and easily, no matter their technical ability, design skills or budget. Our main software, VideoScribe, is used in over 160 countries. It enables thousands of businesses, marketers, illustrators, trainers, bloggers, salespeople, video professionals and teachers to tell better stories with whiteboard style animations and videos.
Our diverse, and supportive culture means our team are curious, inventive and work to become a little better every single day. We pride ourselves on our 45% female, 55% male team makeup. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fun and vibrant company in the heart of Bristol, UK, that while small has a global reach. Get in touch, if this sounds like a good fit for you.
- You’ll need to manage projects that come from different stakeholders.
- You’ll gather the right information to help create simple user stories.
- You’ll facilitate the development teams to deliver and remove blockers.
- You’ll promptly and effectively deal with unforeseen risks as they arise.
- You’ll effectively navigate challenging trade-offs between achieving goals and ensuring the optimal customer experience.
- You’ll manage delivery risks.
- You’ll run or help run retrospectives.
- Previous experience in a Delivery Manager role working in a fast-paced, agile team.
- Working across multiple development teams.
- Understanding business and user requirements.
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse groups of individuals to build strong relationships and teams.
- You know what a good product development lifecycle looks like.
- You have experience in engaging and motivating teams to deliver great features fast.
- You have experience working in agile environments knowing what approaches work best in different circumstances.
- You know to read the details and not just skip to the bullet points.
- You know when to ship it
We believe in a work-life balance. We know broken boilers and sick families are all part of life which sometimes coincide with work. If you work hard when you’re here you get respect and flexibility in return but we get a lot more on offer:
- Private healthcare insurance
- Health cash plan
- Life cover - 2x salary
- Income protection - 50% salary
- Pension scheme
- Free lunch Wednesdays and lot of free fruit
- Running club with pro-running coach
- Free yoga
- Learning & training support
- Bike to work scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
- Payroll charitable giving
- Charity/fundraising sponsorship
- Bottomless tea and coffee